Interesting Crypto Coin References
This is a collection of references to interesting webpages related to digital or crypto currency
Often encountered abbreviations
|FOMO||Fear Of Missing Out||When a coin price rises drastically, late buyers jump on the hype fearing to miss the enormous gain. Often those byers are indeed too late, and buy high instead of low….|
|FUD||Fear Uncertainty and Doubt|
|HODL||Hold On for Dear life||Your buy went down. Now you need to wait, wait, and wait to and wait till it goes up again, and actually never sell again.|
|PND||Pump and Dump||One or multiple big buyers (whales) buy large amounts of a coin. Due to FOMO other smaller byers start buying. At this point the whales dump the coin with a nice gain, leaving the small buyers behind with a loss… article explaining this phenomenon|
|ICO||Initial Coin Offering|
|POW||Proof Of Work||The method how Bitcoins and many coins transactions are checked. This requires an enormous amount of energy.|
|POS||Proof Of Stake||Alternative method to check the coin transaction. This is energy friends as coins are staked by the coin holder to the network.|
|POS||Proof Of Space||An other method and much used yet to verify coin transactions. In this case the miner must offer free disk space.|
Some important rules
- Always buy low and sell high. It’s that simple, I’ll repeat it once more: always buy low and sell high!
- Buy low, means at 50% or less from the previous high (top). Even when you don’t expect a coin will go lower, it does…. Just be patient. Buy low!
- Never FOMO! When the price rallies up, do not enter! Wait till the price goes down again. Watch this Youtube movie about investor pyschology FOMO and FUD and loss aversion are very serious parts of investing that can have consequences for all.
- Proven resistance will act as first level of support
- The goal is to get more Bitcoins (not to get more USD)
- Set a stop loss, at around 10% under the price you bought the coin. Doing so prevents your loss to 10%, hopefully you can compensate with better buys!
- Do not get emotionally attach to a coin. It’s pure business…
General digital currency information
- The Essence of How Bitcoin Works (youtube video)
- Bitcoin explained and made simple | Guardian Animations (youtube video)
- Coin time machine
- Coin market calendar
Following this alinea there is a list with coin exchanges. The first two listed exchanges are Dutch. Once a coin is bought, it can be transferred to an exchange like Binance or Bittrex where many many other altcoins can be bought.
- Litebit good entry point to exchange Euros for crypto currency. De verkoopkosten zijn niet duidelijk. Bij de verkoop van een munt wordt de verkoopwaarde eerst omgezet naar litebit credits.
- BTC direct good entry point to exchange Euros for crypto currency
- Anycoin direct
- Bittrex provides many alt coins. Bittrex fee is 0,25% for each buy and sell trade. When you trade with at least 1% buy and (upwards) sell difference you’re good.
- Binance provides many many alt coins (use this link to Binance when registering with Binance as it contains my referral id). Binance fee is low 0,1% for each buy and sell trade, when you use their coin to trade the already low fee is reduced to 0,05%. The fee structure when withdrawing from Binance.
- Etherdelta is a decentralized trading platform that lets you trade Ether and Ethereum-based tokens directly with other users. You can trade any token on EtherDelta just by choosing ‘other’ and punching in the smart contract address and decimals (may in come handy for coins that are in ICO phase).
- Buy Bitcoins worldwide
- Bitcoin wallets
- Exodus beautifull multi currency wallet that let you export your private keys
- Litecoin wallet
- Bitcoin wallet selector
- MyEtherWallet an Ethereum wallet with ERC20 support. Related to this a Chromim plugin MetaMask to be used as frontend to MyEtherWallet.
Monitor / Follow coins
- Bitcoin fees
- BTC Volatility index
- Satoshi to Bitcoin. An Satoshi is the smallest unit of Bitcoin. There are 100,000,000 satoshi in a BTC.
- The Lightning Network explained
- Bitcoin unconfirmed transaction count
- We had a look behind the scenes of bitcoin, bitcoin miners and other cryptocurrencies
- Charlie Lee creator of Litecoin
- Nicolas Merten crypto currency enthousiast and Technical Analysis (TA) analysist
- Telegram (almost) each and every coin has its own telegram channel
- Google Authenticator required when using various exchanges. A must have to protect your assets!
- Tabtrader use it in combination with the various exchange API keys to monitor your coins at the various exchanges
- CoinManager use it in combination with the various exchange API keys to monitor your coins at the various exchanges
- CoiNsider it has a nice tab with a percentage figure for buying and selling. Use different portfolio’s, for example; 1) for the coins you bought, 2) for high potentials, 3) coins adviced by Youtubers or Telegrammers, etc.
- Coinomi Wallet multi crypto currency wallet
- Qoinpro see my article about free crypto currency
- Bitcoin calculator
- Hashflare ( when you like this page use this link to Hashflare as it includes my referral code ).
- During the checkout: pay attention to step 4 (payment verification) in the following FAQ How do I verify a credit card in UniversePay? when paying with credit card (UP: UniversePay). Take care that you can login to your online credit card banking service.
- Information about Maintenance and electricity fees (MEF).
- At Hashflare it is possible to Reinvest acquired coins into more hashrate. The reinvested coins are a new contract lasting for 1 year.
- (15 nov 2017) Adviced SHA-256 pool is F2POOL. This can be added using the following procedure: Delete all the pools, when all pools have been removed press Add Pool and next to it you will see an small arrows which if you press will show you the list of all available pools. Select the pools you wish and press save. Log out and log back in to your account to see the changes. A pool combination can be changed once per day. Hashflare support can be consulted every 10 days for the best pool combinations.
- Hydrominer mining with green (renewable) hydro energy. Starting the end of February 2018. Inside a bitcoin mining farm.
- Genesis Mining Use my affiliation code (X2bALq) when buying hashpower. This gives you 3% redunction and I get 3% more hashpower. So do not forget to use my affiliation code: X2bALq!
- Details about How Bitcoin Miners Actually Mining the Bitcoin?
- Top graphics cards for GPU mining
- Managing enormous risk bitcoin and altcoin investment strategie
- India goes bitcoin zebpay will add 500k users monthly by 2018
- Aanrader: Dit is waarom ook jij over de blockchain wil leren nos.nl met een kort, maar krachtig filmpje over blockchain
- Must read! I forgot my pin an epic tale of losing dollar30000 in bitcoin
- How Close Did Bitcoin Get to Disastrous Chain Death Spiral (14 November 2017)