Interesting Crypto Coin References
This is a collection of references to interesting webpages related to digital or crypto currency.
Often encountered abbreviations
|FOMO||Fear Of Missing Out||When a coin price rises drastically, late buyers jump on the hype fearing to miss the enormous gain. Often those byers are indeed too late, and buy high instead of low….|
|FUD||Fear Uncertainty and Doubt|
|HODL||Hold On for Dear life||Your buy went down. Now you need to wait, wait, and wait to and wait till it goes up again, and actually never sell again.|
|PND||Pump and Dump||One or multiple big buyers (whales) buy large amounts of a coin. Due to FOMO other smaller byers start buying. At this point the whales dump the coin with a nice gain, leaving the small buyers behind with a loss… article explaining this phenomenon|
|ICO||Initial Coin Offering|
|POW||Proof Of Work||The method how Bitcoins and many coins transactions are checked. This requires an enormous amount of energy.|
|POS||Proof Of Stake||Alternative method to check the coin transaction. This is energy friends as coins are staked by the coin holder to the network.|
|POS||Proof Of Space||An other method and hardly used yet to verify coin transactions. In this case the miner must offer free disk space.|
|FIAT||-||Reference to our regular money (silver, gold, etc coins and paper money)|
Some important rules
- Always buy low and sell high. It’s that simple, I’ll repeat it once more: always buy low and sell high!
- Buy low, means at 50% or less from the previous high (top). Even when you don’t expect a coin will go lower, it does…. Just be patient. Buy low!
- Never FOMO! When the price rallies up, do not enter! Wait till the price goes down again. Watch this Youtube movie about investor pyschology FOMO and FUD and loss aversion are very serious parts of investing that can have consequences for all.
- Proven resistance will act as first level of support
- The goal is to get more Bitcoins (not to get more USD)
- Set a stop loss, at around 10% under the price you bought the coin. Doing so prevents your loss to 10%, hopefully you can compensate with better buys!
- Do not get emotionally attach to a coin. It’s pure business…
General digital currency information
- The Essence of How Bitcoin Works (youtube video)
- WTF is blockchain
- Bitcoin explained and made simple | Guardian Animations (youtube video)
- Don’t fall for the hype; why Bitcoin’s 10.000 price doesn’t reflect its true value
- Coin time machine
- Coin market calendar
Following this alinea there is a list with coin exchanges. The first two listed exchanges are Dutch. Once a coin is bought, it can be transferred to an exchange like Binance or Bittrex where many many other altcoins can be bought.
Exchanges in Nederland
- Litebit good entry point to exchange Euros for crypto currency. De verkoopkosten zijn niet duidelijk. Bij de verkoop van een munt wordt de verkoopwaarde eerst omgezet naar litebit credits. Accepts iDEAL.
- De goedkoopste bitcoin Nederlandse exchange vergelijkingssite.
- Bitcoin kopen met ideal in Nederland artikel verzorgt door want.nl
- BTC direct good entry point to exchange Euros for crypto currency. Accepts iDEAL.
- Satos - accepts iDEAL
- Anycoin direct - accepts iDEAL
Exchanges to trade
- Bittrex provides many alt coins. Bittrex fee is 0,25% for each buy and sell trade. When you trade with at least 1% buy and (upwards) sell difference you’re good.
- Binance provides many many alt coins (use this link to Binance please, when registering with Binance as it contains my referral id). Binance fee is low 0,1% for each buy and sell trade, when you use their coin to trade the already low fee is reduced to 0,05%. The fee structure when withdrawing from Binance.
- Kucoin Exchange with many altcoins not present at other exchanges. Use this link to Kucoin please, when registering with Kucoin as it contains my referral id)
- Etherdelta is a decentralized trading platform that lets you trade Ether and Ethereum-based tokens directly with other users. You can trade any token on EtherDelta just by choosing ‘other’ and punching in the smart contract address and decimals (may in come handy for coins that are in ICO phase).
- Buy Bitcoins worldwide
- Bitcoin wallets
- Exodus beautifull multi currency wallet that let you export your private keys
- Litecoin wallet
- Bitcoin wallet selector
- MyEtherWallet an Ethereum wallet with ERC20 support. Related to this a Chromim plugin MetaMask to be used as frontend to MyEtherWallet.
Monitor / Follow coins
- Bitcoin fees
- BTC Volatility index
- Satoshi to Bitcoin. An Satoshi is the smallest unit of Bitcoin. There are 100,000,000 satoshi in a BTC.
- The Lightning Network explained
- Bitcoin unconfirmed transaction count
- We had a look behind the scenes of bitcoin, bitcoin miners and other cryptocurrencies
- What do leaders say about bitcoin
- Charlie Lee creator of Litecoin
- Nicolas Merten crypto currency enthousiast and Technical Analysis (TA) analysist
- How Much Bitcoin and Ethereum Should You Aspire to Own?
- Zoveel belasting moet je over je virtual geld betalen
- Cryptocurrency Correlation Matrix
- Johoe’s Mempool Statistics (2 weeks)
- Telegram (almost) each and every coin has its own telegram channel
- Google Authenticator required when using various exchanges. A must have to protect your assets!
- Tabtrader use it in combination with the various exchange API keys to monitor your coins at the various exchanges
- CoinManager use it in combination with the various exchange API keys to monitor your coins at the various exchanges
- Delta very nice portfolio manager
- CoiNsider it has a nice tab with a percentage figure for buying and selling. Use different portfolio’s, for example; 1) for the coins you bought, 2) for high potentials, 3) coins adviced by Youtubers or Telegrammers, etc.
- Coinomi Wallet multi crypto currency wallet
- Qoinpro see my article about free crypto currency
- Bitcoin calculator
Inital Coin Offerings
Warning: Stay away from mining schemes. Most of them, to name a view: Genesis-Mining | bicointalk | is it profitable to mine with Genesis Mining?, Hashflare, Hashing24, etc seem to be based on a ponzi scheme. Youtubers are often very enthousiastic about them, but that is because they get lots of reward because of the affilication links they provide. How much can you make with cloud mining?
Bitcoin is very dependend on the bitcoin difficulty. The more miners the higher the difficulty, the more difficult it gets to find a block. More effort, less reward. The difficulty expectation can be looked up at cryptothis.
- Hydrominer mining with green (renewable) hydro energy. Starting the end of February 2018. Inside a bitcoin mining farm, and Hydrominer a post ICO analysis.
- Details about How Bitcoin Miners Actually Mining the Bitcoin?
- Top graphics cards for GPU mining
- Halong Mining, see Bitcoin developer about take mining hardware industry
- Hackers are looking for Bitcoins wallets
- 90% of Crypto Mobile Apps ‘In Trouble’ Security Report Claims
- What its like working in a Bitcoin mine in inner Mongoloa (August 2017)
- World’s money in perspective (June 2017. In the meantime outdated, but still a good read)
- Managing enormous risk bitcoin and altcoin investment strategie
- India goes bitcoin zebpay will add 500k users monthly by 2018
- Aanrader: Dit is waarom ook jij over de blockchain wil leren nos.nl met een kort, maar krachtig filmpje over blockchain
- Must read! I forgot my pin an epic tale of losing dollar30000 in bitcoin
- Bitcoin mining uses more power than most african countries (December 2017)
- How Close Did Bitcoin Get to Disastrous Chain Death Spiral (14 November 2017)
- Bitcoin & Crypto Markets Dive Bomb | GREAT Opportunity! (16 Januari 2018) - It looks like there is a dependency with the Chinese New Year. 3,5 weeks before Chinese New Year bitcoin dips.